Friday, July 4, 2014

Xmas in July, Day 4: Space Watches

Whatever time it is, it's always the right time with a space themed watch! Are you torn between your allegiance to Tom Corbett Space Cadet, or Rocky Jones Space Ranger? I'm certainly having a hard time deciding which one I like best to add to my xmas wish list, and to be honest I almost just want the rocket shaped backing card for the watch even more than the timepiece itself! I was completely unfamiliar with the apparently "lost" Space Explorers television cartoon, but a quick google search filled me in (CLICK HERE!) Man, just when I thought I'd seen all the great 50's space cartoons! I'll have more from this beautiful old catalog o'mine in the next post!
(Denwards 1954 Catalog)


3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

I think the Space Explorer watch looks best from a distance. And it tell you direction! But after opening of the image, it's certainly much harder to choose, what with Space Ranger also being especially groovy.

Mr. Karswell said...

They're all pretty sweet actually-- Hell, get one for each arm and then put the third one on your... ummm... ankle!

Craftypants Carol said...

man that cartoon space dude is amazing! but like mr c said - they're all pretty cool when you get a good up close look at them.