Monday, July 14, 2014

Fangs for the Memories

We interrupt our Xmas in July Fest with a quick trip down Gold Key comic memory lane, with O.G. Whiz, Boy President of the Tikkletoy Company as he tries to seal a deal on a vampire model kit (monster model kits are eternally on my xmas want lists, ya know!) It's a kooky little tale from the May 1972 issue of O.G. Whiz #6 --and if that's not enough, or if we're straying to far from this month's xmas wish list theme, I've included a mail order ad to blow yourself up to poster size. I would most certainly like to have Xmas in July Day 14: Elke Sommer Hanging Around My Bed









3 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

cute story. i love all the cobwebs and spiders all over the place.

man i would love to blow up some weird family pic to poster size! that would be hilarious!

Mr. Cavin said...

Man the art was so good in all these Gold Key books from the sixties and seventies. Solid, workmanlike, and very mannered, but so good.

Mr. Karswell said...

I've seen a few Gold Key books where the art was a pretty unimpressive, but for the most part I agree-- and any time I find a story like this with a monster cross-over you can bet your sweet Elke Sommers that I will post it here!