Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Xmas in July, Day 22: Lounger Bean Bag

The "wet-look wonders of a take-it-easy world" just got a lot more wet looking and easy going with these super cozy, giant, vinyl bean bag lounge chairs. I miss the red one I had as a kid, though you can imagine me looking like Santa Claus (pictured), but instead of contemplating reindeer games and what part of the world sets out the best cookies on Xmas Eve, I'd be reading a comic book. The mushroom shaped variation is cool looking too, but I prefer the floppy traditional style that I can totally sink into! (Montgomery Wards Xmas Catalog, 1972)


7 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Dude, check out bean bag chairs on Amazon. I'm too portable (and near battery death) right now to find the link and post it, but they sell em as big as couches now! Fun fun fun!

Chris Sobieniak said...

Here's me on one from over 30 years ago!
http://studio-toledo.deviantart.com/art/Me-and-the-TV-18869671

JMR777 said...

We never had this which is just as well, knowing what a stupid kid I was back then I probably would have cut it opened and spilled the beans.

Crafty C said...

As far as I'm concerned piles of pillows and bean bags on fluffy floors are way more comfortable than the furniture that most people have

Mr. Karswell said...

@Mr C -- I've seen bean bag chairs for sale at a few places, but they just don't seem the same. The quality is cheaper and they feel as comfy.

@Chris --awesome man! haha

@CPC --agreed! :)

Chris Sobieniak said...

@Chris --awesome man! haha

Yeah, I had it fine.

Unlike CPC, I don't think I ever did anything that bad to my parents things besides writing on the wall with crayon, especially spelling my name correctly at a young age that they thought I was some egghead.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Oops, I meant "JRM77", my mistake.