Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Pizza Party Ideas

You don't have to wait for the weekend to have a pizza party, and this gorgeous, (Clare McCanna?) illustrated, midcentury Chef Boy-Ar-Dee party ideas booklet contains much more than just tasty recipes, I mean seriously, take a look at all the fantastic fun you can have: decorating, ice breakers, drinks, garnishes, and all sorts of delectable desserts. Okay, I lived in STL MO and we have incredible mom 'n pop pizza joints everywhere here, so I would never in a million years recommend grocery store pizza-in-a-box, but this booklet is seriously too bubblin' hot to deny, --so get burnin' the roofs of those mouths with the perfect pizza pie from your town-- today!

4 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

First off, "server bubbling hot?" Uh, hot, yes, molten, no! Made that mistake before!

I like the suggestion of bacon wrapped shrimp. I can skip my local Chinese buffet now!

I love how chaotic the art is; it's just stuff, everywhere, in big piles. The "More Glamor Garnishes" has a wild banner that's not even centered, and a woman juggling all sorts of nonsense -- it's controlled chaos and it makes really fun panels, like an old copy of Mad when it was a comic.

"Ice Breakers" right before it has that same kind of energy. I love it!

Mr. Cavin said...

That cover is especially magical, but I have to say that I am most incredibly drawn to the pizza illustration on page six--possibly for the wrong reasons. I mean, it looks just like a mad sci-fi petri dish! I want that on a T-shirt!

Other notes: Why are all the drinks sideways on page eight but not on page nine? Kooky! Also, I really want to go to the party on page thirteen. I want all my future parties to look just like that. I'll do my part: I'm off to the mid-century cardigan store. Make mine yellow!

Craftypants Carol said...

Wow this is seriously crazy. The art and images are amazing and chaotic like everyone already said, but holy shit what is up with the Beefaroni Bologna Stacks recipe? I would proudly at least try most olde timey recipes that a lot of people scoff and wince at, but that sounds really really gross. And I honestly find it hard to believe that the Mocha Cookie Cake is physically possible.

I love the images and the swirly fonts so much though! I esp love the image of the woman under the tent with the teeny steaming pizza and chafing dish sitting next to her, and also all the teeny sundaes on the black platter. I also like the whole fish and olive with pimento on the pizza slice on the cover. You def can't buy yourself a pizza that looks anything like that.

Mr. Karswell said...

This post makes me hungry for pizza haha, thanks for the bacon wrapped, pimento in a petri dish comments! :)