Tuesday, March 14, 2023

People Like You...

It's been a bit since we've seen some sugary sweet cuteness and thoughtfulness from Hallmark's 60's / 70's Sunbeam Library collection, and People Like You Make the World Go Round For Me is another perfect example of wonderfully sincere words colliding spectacularly with amazing illustrations, typography, and color! Jean Kyler McManus and Maria Paeletti are the clear team supreme for this type of adorable friendship greeting gift book collaboration-- and you know I'll be digging around my collection to see if I can find more for future posts! :) 

4 comments:

JMR777 said...

This is just great, just the thing to remind us all that there are still good and kind things in this big ol' world.

Mr. Cavin said...

I really like that little clown with its balloon and pennants in the second scan. And also the scary fun house entry arch on scan five. That whole page is so groovy. I'd really dig seeing this artist do a tour through that entire carnival: The animals, rides, games, food, creepy tattooed cigar-chomping carnies... everything.

Brian Barnes said...

This kind of art isn't my cup of tea but I appreciate the time put into it. I like the background elements without outlines -- like on the rollercoaster and where it's repeated at the end, and I like the overly complex machines -- the ride buggy is a really neat piece of illustration.

Mr. Karswell said...

Will definitely look for more great examples of this type of thing for future posts, especially now that I know it isn’t Brian’s cup of tea. Thanks for the comments— got an unusual old inkwell to show you, up next!