Thursday, July 20, 2023

Charm

Time once again to get beautiful with yet another antiquated, midcentury method of vibration application, umm, for your "health." Yes folks, this is what a "5 minute facial" USED to mean back in the day. Still, nice gold packaging on this, as well as some cute booklet illustrations in case you didn't know how to apply cream to your face and neck, PLUS! Infra-Red technology! Shocking. I actually plugged this thing in and wowzers, it still worked! I am now freakin' lovelier than ever!



6 comments:

JMR777 said...

You never know what you can find in antique stores.
I wonder how many of these things are tucked away in attics, basements or closets throughout the US of A.

Brian Barnes said...

"Stay beautiful?" Well, I guess it's too late for me!

I remember seeing a lot of gold or shiny beauty product boxes back in the day; some marketing survey must have shown this worked like purple gorillas on comics!

Mr. Cavin said...

My grandmother had one of these, packaged as a "back massager". I remember she showed me how to make myself sneeze by putting it flat up against the end of my nose. It totally worked without fail.

Now I don't know. Was she trolling me?

Mr. Karswell said...

Dude… NEVER put your grandma’s “back massager” anywhere near your nose! Good lord! *choke!

Mr. Cavin said...

Okay okay, I'll stop tomorrow.

Armpit Studios said...

Reminds me of when Peggy took the health massager from work on Mad Men.