Sunday, July 19, 2020

Valentines in July!

I found a huge pile of vintage Valentines last week while out making my antiquer rounds. And man, typically these 1940's Novo Laugh cards featuring this type of fantastic artwork, can be expensive as heck, so I really lucked out stumbling upon such a fine selection-- and all in very good, completely unused condition as well! Print these out and send 'em to your own lil sweetheart, wherever they may be!















And it wasn't just Valentine cards I found either, as you will see in the next post!

4 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

I love that first one - even though you the swami dude isn’t very swamilike at all

Mr. Cavin said...

Yeah, wow, the easygoing graphic style here is really yummy. I love the devil horn hair on the scamp in the second card, and the little half-moon of rosecea on everybody's blushing faces, too. Great stuff. Happy Valentine's Day!

Brian Barnes said...

The real world implications of card #3 are a little bit scary to think of but I always like a good panel of random stuff being thrown at somebody, especially if half the random stuff is super dangerous! A knife! A old style iron! A CLEAVER!

Mr. Karswell said...

Use the search engine to see more vintage cards in the AEET Archive, pretty sure I've posted cards featuring this artist's work before. Thanks for the comments too!! :)