Saturday, September 14, 2019

Fashion School Original Art (60's)

Found this neat piece of original 60's fashion school art yesterday at an antique mall --there was actually close to 20 different pieces by this same artist, (Judy Hicky?) but this one was my clear cut favorite. Lovely, simple line art that is very evocative of the time, and what really set this piece apart from the others was the center of the presentation board being cut-away and a piece of actual fabric glued into the window. The backside of the piece states that this was Project #2 for Judy, and ooops, did she turn it in a few days late? Well, I do hope she received a good grade on it, because I really love it. And Judy, if you somehow see this post, drop me a line and let me know how your career in fashion went after graduating! NOTE: the antique mall seller was actually there in her booth when I bought this and said she thought that Judy went to Washington University, STL MO. She was also a little foggy on how she acquired all of this art by her, but seemed to remember maybe buying everything in a bundle at a flea market in Belleville, IL.)









5 comments:

JMR777 said...

Quite a mystery, even Sherlock Holmes would have a tough time solving this one.

Mr. Karswell said...

Haha... wait, what mystery?

Mr. Cavin said...

This is super work! The "y" looks different in the first and last names. Maybe it's "Hicks"? You're probably right, though. I sure hope Judy gets in touch, and I'd love to see other examples if you decide to go back and get more.

Craftypants Carol said...

I love the turban thingy! And picturing all the clothes in that blue and brown striped fabric.

Mr. Karswell said...

>I'd love to see other examples if you decide to go back and get more

still thinking' about it

>that blue and brown striped

time to repaint the trailer!