Friday, December 26, 2014

Sing-Along Book

Xmas is over and now it's time to plan your upcoming 2014 New Years Eve festivities accordingly-- or do I mean "accordionly?" --I think I mean accordionly! Yes siree, Palmer-Hughes does it again with a neato 50's music book of old time chestnuts that you can quickly learn to play (on your chick magnet accordion) and then gather the gang 'round the fire for a rip-roarin', knee slappin, countdown to midnight how-do-you-do! (I say "Palmer-Hughes does it again" because they did it once before here at AEET right over HERE!) Anyway, lots of favorites this time around like "Sidewalks of New York", "While Strolling Through the Park One Day", and the song made most famous by a singing Warner Brothers frog "Hello! My Baby." Another thing Palmer-Hughes seems to do right is hire expert illustrators to gussy up the tunage with pretty pictures (no artist credit given tho.) And here we have those very pictures of which I speak! Countdown to your accordion rockin' NYE begins NOW!













6 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

Apologies for the chopped cover scan, this book is bigger than my scanner!)

Crafty C said...

This is so neat! If a gang of folks at a party I was at started singing one of these tunes I'd most likely run away screaming, but I'd take this book with me so I could keep looking at all the neat illustrations. Esp the cover.

J_D_La_Rue_67 said...

Wow, Michigan J. Frog and Pepe le Pew (Strolling Thru' Le Park one Day)! Just what I needed!
By the way, have you ever noticed how easy is to reproduce great 80's New wave hits ("Just can't get enough" ; "Smalltown Boy", "the Riddle") on little kids' keyboard books? I practically stole my niece's book to be another Vince Clarke (well, more or less)!
Happy New Wave Year!

Mr. Cavin said...

Nice art. The cover's great, and I also really dig this vision of New York (I'm pretty sure that hot dog guy as a moonlighting accordionist himself).

Mr. Karswell said...

I may have another one of these to post for you guys coming up maybe next month. My mother-in-law plays the accordion and says she had (or hopefully still has) all of these old Palmer-Hughes music books!

Stay tuned... (get it? TUNED!)

JMR777 said...

For myself who is not musically talented, I salute all musicians everywhere.

Happy New Year everyone, especially to you Karswell!