Wednesday, February 14, 2024

You Can Be My Boa Any Time

Like every year for the past 15 years, I had a bunch of those cute, vintage kiddie Valentine cards to share. But then a few days ago I found this sinsational homemade sentiment postmarked "1977" and oddly tucked in an old book I had recently purchased (and to say it trumped all other planned post items for today is really putting it mildly!) Unfolding it slowly, --and popping a few staples in the process!!! --I had a deep down feeling this wasn't going to be any ordinary, sappy Valentine. Three folds later I was proven quite correct with a bit of sexy double entendre accompanying a sizzling image: "You can be my boa any time..." she whispers from her soft bed of pillows, draped in nothing but a feather boa. (Names have been blurred to protect the not-so-innocent...)

4 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

Ah, the old boudoir pictures! Don't know if this actually is one or is clipped from a magazine (it it photo paper) but still a really fun piece to find!

Nowadays with everybody having a camera and talking selfies this kind of thing has lost all it's charm, but it's cool to see a real live one in the wild!

The lace is a nice touch!

Mr. Cavin said...

Aw this is sweet. I also think the doily is a great touch. Like, you don't want to set this picture down on the furniture without some protection! I like the staples too. There's a really lovely mix of brazen sex and shy secrecy happening here that I find really fetching. Happy Valentine's Day!

JMR777 said...

There is a simple charm to items like this that is missing from our digital world today.

We can make flawless images and perfect cards nowadays, but the skill, the hand made touch, the heart of a homemade item can't be duplicated by tech or AI.



Bill the Butcher said...

I wonder if Randy did become Janet's boa.