Sunday, February 11, 2024

Lady Mayfair Lips

Candy has always been a huge part of Valentine's Day, and what better way to celebrate your lustful hunger for love than with a titanic tin overflowing with toffees and chocolates! Even better when the emphasis of the midcentury English product name is focused on madame mascot's lips which fantastically form into the very first letter of the popular candy brand name-- in this case, Mayfair! Mmmm, ain't she sweet? Tastes just like chocolate! I've been looking for this tin for years, so how perfectly poetic to finally find one in the same week as Valentines Day!


2 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

From the UK, too, that's a real surviver!

The "M" lips is a clever art idea. That's a super neat item!

Mr. Cavin said...

I dig it! I'm not so sure I remember ever seeing this Mayfair design before, and I can't imagine why. I mean, this would do very well on the shelves today. Fancy chocolate is a product ripe for a little vintage eroticism. Bring back the tin!