Thursday, August 31, 2023

Revolutionary! Seam-Guide

Found part of a midcentury Seam-Guide cardboard store display, featuring a nice pink color scheme, great lettering, and some really cute leggy illustrations. See how the line runs up the back of the stocking? It's revolutionary, --and worn by nurses and movie stars! I spent some time online trying to find an example of what the complete display looked like (and with the slots filled in), but came up empty. Notable mention: Seam-Guide was based in my old hometown of STL MO!

 

4 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

"Does not hinder circulation." Isn't that kind of the baseline for clothes? But then, I was a kid in the 70s and I remember disco pants, so maybe not!

JMR777 said...

The mannequin as model is a nice touch.

Mr. Cavin said...

The pink is great, but I'm really digging that third print color--the stone lithograph-style shading on the hose (and shoes) in gray. That's really subtle and unusual looking, at least to me. Nice artifact!

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks for the comments, more comin up shortly in September, so stay tombed!