Friday, November 13, 2020

Useless Gifts for Monsters!

Here's a funny little one page quickie from the May 1981 issue of Archie's Mad House #124... other funny concepts could be a can of bug spray for The Fly, deodorant for a zombie, or a roll of toilet paper for a mummy. Eww. Sooo, anyone got some better ideas than me? I'm sure everybody. Oh, and the reason I posted this is because my good pals and co-editin' team extraordinaire, Craig 'n Clizia, recently gifted me with the original art for this perfectly monstrous page! Thank Yoes!!!



3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Season passes for the Phantom! 3D Spex for the Trollenberg Horror! Uh... water wings for Jaws?

Man, that original art board is really great! What a groovy--and quite useful--present. The mole Man panel cracks me up.

Bill the Butcher said...

A sleeping pill for Cthulhu


Climbing gear for King Kong


Liver tonic for the Mummy


Feather comb for the Jurassic Park version Velociraptor


A fallout shelter for Gojira


A book called How To Live Longer for a zombie


A self defence course for Moby Dick.

Brian Barnes said...

I'm always up for that realistic but cartoon-y look. The artist really nails the "come on, man, really?!?!" look on the monsters. Dracula is my favorite, he's more ... disappointed that angry!

I love seeing artboards, thanks!