Saturday, March 9, 2019

More Donkey Kong!

A few more vintage Donkey Kong related items have happily found their way into my ever expanding DK collection-- a cute little plastic drinking cup dated 1982-- and highlighted by the awesome arcade art of Leslie Carbarga-- as well as another coin bank (see my other DK bank HERE) dated 1981. Seriously, there's so much fun Donkey Kong stuff that I really had no idea ever even existed until recently-- and now I'm on the never ending hunt for more!











5 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

That is an excellent wraparound cup graphic. I am also quite surprised at the great number of Donkey Kong related things there seem to be in the world.

Mr. Karswell said...

Seems like every time I turn around I find out about another DK board game! My real goal is of course to own an original upright arcade version

JMR777 said...

With all of the Donkey Kong/Speed Racer/Ultra Man items you could start your own museum for each character.
Don't laugh, there is even a 3 Stooges Museum, The Stoogeum, in Ambler PA, so there is room for just about any museum you can think of.

Mr. Cavin said...

Naturally. That should pretty much be everybody's goal.

I was never particularly good at Donkey Kong, but the beautiful absurdity kept me playing anyway.

Mr. Karswell said...

I never beat DK arcade machine (that sole credit goes to Joust) but I did beat all of the main levels-- the Pie Factory was always the goal to achieve, but was surprisingly easier (for me) to master than the elevator level.

Not laughing at your museum idea, JMR-- my office is slowly becoming one with each passing week!