Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Outdoor Gourmet

Tomorrow is the first day of Summer, time for swimmin', sweatin', and mosquito bites-- yay! And for the amateur chef, this day means that it's finally time to fire up the outdoor grill. Now for BBQ Pros like us who have no problem standing in a 4-foot January snow drift just for a pork chop it's simply another day... yes, I'm talking to those who are deadly SERIOUS about their BBQ, because knowing ones way around a glowing briquette means having no need for Royal Chef's "Suggestions for Outdoor Grilling." So set the tongs and skewers aside for awhile and instead let's just flip through this wonderful 50 year old firebox pamphlet to enjoy the fun and festive illustrations that define the mouth watering spirit of cooking out.

(cover)







7 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

karswell: Does anyting, ever, beat that 50s early 60s commercial layout, graphics, and font style? I don't think so! Great stuff.

Mr. Cavin said...

I just noticed the face mask links in the sidebar. Holy crap that's cool. I might have to start a theme blog just to get in on that sweet design deal.

Mr. Karswell said...

>Does anyting, ever, beat that 50s early 60s commercial layout, graphics, and font style?

Not a thing, and this pamphlet is a perfect example of just that!

> I might have to start a theme blog just to get in on that sweet design deal.

Do it! I'm sure we could find a really good mask for you Mr C!

Anonymous said...

All of the illustrations just make me hungry, man this was a sweet post! I am definitely going to BBQ tomorrow now, thanks.

Mr. Karswell said...

>I am definitely going to BBQ tomorrow now, thanks.

If you're having the grilled rock lobster tails can I come over?

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

I will use some of these recipes I guarantee!!

Crafty C said...

So cute! But I gotta say that ham roll-up thing doesn't sound too good.

I really like the rooster illustration!