Only two weeks of summer left, and I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even go swimming once this season. Come to think of it, I don't think I went swimming at all last summer either. Well, at least there's the August 1943 issue of LOOK for us to enjoy, especially that wonderful cover adorned with beautiful ladies and many colorful examples of fab 40's swimwear fashion. There's a few fun article pix inside too, as well as some super cute Hoff cartoon ad illustrations, (+ more ad stuff at the end too), and what the heck-- I even included a puzzling PHOTOCRIME murder mystery picture, because why not? Mull it over and see how quickly you solve it, or scroll to the end of the post for the solution, ya big cheats!
2 comments:
For what it’s worth, I didn’t get to go swimming all summer either, and neither did my Etiquette deodorant! But this fabulous issue did ease my woes a bit, and I’m relieved to know 83 years later that Hitler never did get to us here in the good ol’ Middle West! Thanks for giving me something to dive into before summer ends.
Hitler no… but… (*throws up in mouth a little) —god, don’t make me say it!
Post a Comment