Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Hole in the Hill

If you're like me and prefer to spend your New Years Eve inside watching old movies or reading a good book, (and believe me I really have no choice this year as my entire state of Missouri is practically submerged underwater as I type this!), then I do believe I have picked the perfect tale just for you! The Hole in the Hill by Marion Seyton is a fun little story published in 1960 by Follett (as part of their wonderful "Beginning-To-Read" series) and features super cute cave-people and animal art by Leonard Shortall. Please excuse the condition and dirtiness of some of the pages, this book has seen it all-- it's one of the most loved books in my collection after all!

HAPPY NEW YEARS, everyone... see ya's in 2016 with lots more AEET awesomeness :)
















5 comments:

JMR777 said...

Great fun story.

In some cultures the dog is highly valued as a hunter, watchdog, companion, and friend.

Who knows, maybe this story is how human beings first welcomed dogs into their lives.

Happy New Year

Happy 2016

May this year be the beginning of better times for us all!

Happy New Year to you and Yours, Karswell!

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks JMR, same to you! 😊

Craftypants Carol said...

awww. that's sweet :)

happy new year to everyone too!!!

Mr. Cavin said...

Happy Solar New Year! I love these rabbits!

Mr. Karswell said...

I'm quite fond of that hunk of meat on the spit-- I guess I need to eat some breakfast!! Thanks for the comments, and Happy New Year again to all my friends out there who somehow stick with these dad blasted old fashioned blogs in 2016! ;)