Friday, October 3, 2014

A Merry Magic Mix-Up

More Halloween party fun from the Oct. '64 issue of Jack and Jill, this one a sort of Mad Libs styled story / card game that already gives you the jumble words to fill in the blanks (though I suppose you could also make your own card responses as well, or just make stuff up off the top of your pointy little heads.) Super illustrations by Audrey Walters, --who hands down wins the best use of buckles ever conceived on a witch, highlight the silly story.




6 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

I ignored the cards and started filling in with words based on how I wanted the story to go. I stop 3 sentences in because I creeped myself out ...

Mr. Cavin said...

I think it would be fun to combine this story with Cards Against Humanity. But leave the Purple dinosaur in, of course.

Love the art! It's so marky, and it looks almost like crayon.

Mr. Karswell said...

I imagine it's not to hard to creep yourself out, Brian, you're easily as creepy as I am.

Google "Audrey Walters art", Mr C, and you'll find a couple other neat examples!

Mr. Cavin said...

Ah yess, the mighty Gordon and the Glockenspiel. All excellent stuff! Thanks.

Crafty C said...

damn! i missed this somehow!

i love this! the cat is so cool!

Mr. Karswell said...

I think the cat should be wearing buckles too