Friday, May 9, 2014

S-S-S-Wonderfuls

Assorted mid-century, mini recipe booklets highlighted by cute illustrated art. The Bar-S Holiday Ham booklet in particular is super and printed on some strangely thick, almost transparent parchment paper. I have nothing else like it in my collection. The other scans are booklet covers only, with nothing really much of interest inside, unfortunately... rounded out with a couple of super-sized scans from a teeny Pet Instant Drink cook book featuring dancing hot dogs and potatoes.










4 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Yeah, that holiday ham book really rocks! I love the second scan, with the filmstrip of the woman first presenting, then carving, and lastly levitating her (then disappeared) ham. So totally great. I can just smell the cartoon pineapple glazing through these images.

I also like the hand-lettered title of the butter book. In some strange, Last Tango in Paris kind of way, it seems appropriate that all the rosy-cheeked caricatures in the illustration look mildly embarrassed.

Crafty C said...

I really love that ham guide. The hams and candles and silverware are so fab! And the red dots!

I like that milk bottle's apron too.

And that hot dog with the hat!!!

Mr. Karswell said...

I had a horrific fumetti post lined up next but the book is bound so weirdly I'm having trouble with the scanning... might have to make it for another post until I can figure out how to do it without breaking the spine.

Thanks for the comments! :)

veg-o-matic said...

I really want soft-shoe weiner guy on a t-shirt.