Saturday, April 9, 2011

House of Blood!

In our last post we learned how to stay safe in our cars out on the road, so today let's pick up a few valuable pointers on how to keep our innocent looking home from murdering us to death, m'kay? I mean, we all know smoking in bed is a no-no, but did you also know that babies + sharp cutlery = a bad combination? Also, diving headfirst down the stairway is apparently not good for you either. And if you've been leaving Fido out of family night poison chats then think again, sir! Yes, this wonderfully illustrated Good Reading Rack Service pamphlet from 1958 just might save your life or something.








7 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

don't try to adjust the faucet with your foot!

Unknown said...

I have a small box cutter. The warning on it reads "Caution: Keep out of Children." It works nicely with this book!

Anonymous said...

lol! the thing I love about this blog is I always get a good laugh too.excellent post as always, sir!

Jil Casey said...

Great graphics!

Unca Jeffy said...

It seems the first safe-guard that should be taken is fumigate your house against those pesky children to begin with.

Stupid kids, always falling out of windows and licking toxic paint. Too much work to monitor.

Mr. Cavin said...

I like the design on that baby. He looks both devious and innocent at the same time. Hard trick to pull off. My favorite page is the one with the hot stove on one side and the knives on the other.

Mr. Karswell said...

This booklet also proves what I've been saying for years about scatter / throw rugs-- THEY'RE EVIL!!

Okay, I'm glad that we can all laugh about obvious household dangers such as these (what'a we, morons???) but really this post was more about the fun little illustrations... and what do you know, somehow I overlooked the fact that I just uploaded two posts in a row with the same yellow and black color scheme! Glad you enjoyed it, lots more fun on the way!