Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Henri's Tas-Tee

Here's a great recipe booklet for Henri's Tas-Tee Dressing (I'm guessing dated 1950's thanks to the amazing artwork typical of this era), showing us how to add a tasty zing to our otherwise dull recipes. I've never heard of, nor tried Henri's dressing, and researching it online this evening I've learned that it's actually still made today and available pretty much everywhere; it seems to have quite a following too! And I could definitely go for "The Man's Salad" right about now (lord knows I have enough stale bread in the house!)










5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those old-school recipe books! Unfortunately my very favorite one, a book with a variety of ways to make biscuits, was destroyed in a fire some 25 years ago.

Anonymous said...

This was my grandmothers favorite dressing and she used it in everything too. Its funny because I had completely forgotten about it until seeing this post. Your blog does it again!
Tim

Mr. Karswell said...

>my very favorite one, a book with a variety of ways to make biscuits

Find out more info about it and let me know, I'll see if I can dig it up just for you FACEY.

>Your blog does it again!

Sometimes that can either be a good thing, or a bad thing :)

Get ready for some skinned knees people, cuz in the next post we'll be shooting the duck and doing the hokey pokey-- on wheels!

Sue said...

I was actually searching for Henri's Tas-Tee Dressing recipes when, much to my amazement, I came across this awesome recipe booklet. What a laugh, thanks so much!

Unknown said...

My grandmother was Henrietta Mahler co f0under of Henri's. I was so glad to see this booklet. Thank you for posting it.
Linda Mahler Kropp