Sunday, December 9, 2012

Santa Sizzler '68 (PART 3 & 4)

This'll be it for the 1968 Western Auto Christmas Gifts catalog posts (see our previous two posts HERE and HERE for all the titillating toyland fun.) The pages featured here today are still loads of fun though too, and range from rockin' stereos, radios, and musical instruments, to some of the most bad ass, banana seated BUZZ bicycles ever designed-- some with shifters and Wheelie 2+1s etc. Man, check out that glorious gold finish on the Hustler, or dig the crazy cool "Wheel-On-Rail!" And as an added bonus, super rad CraftyPants Carol has agreed to post additional pages from this catalog over at her fab blog as well (aka PART 4) --check her out by clicking HERE!















6 comments:

Crafty C said...

I didn't see that unicycle till just now! I'll take one of those too. Hilarious!

Mr. Karswell said...

You also need that cool basket for your unicycle, Carol! Oh wait...

Crafty C said...

I guess I could hold the basket...

Mr. Cavin said...

Man, that's a really satisfying bike section. I love the ones that convert from boy's to girl's models. And while we're at it, I never new they made chain-drive red wagons. I woulda really liked one of those, I think.

I did have a little plastic briefcase turntable, and I got a lot of use out of it since ti was the Walkman of the age. But I would still really like to have that one with the detachable stereo speakers.

Anyway, thanks for all these catalog scans, Karswell.

JMR777 said...

A bike as agile as a mountian goat!
A bike with a steering wheel instead of handle bars!
9Volt batteries for a mere 22 cents each!
I would have loved to have that fire chief cycle, or the Western Flyer model.

The AMF Mustang JR would be popular even today.

We had a Magnus organ minus the legs though I was the only one who bothered to play it though I was never any good.

Fun Fun Fun stuff!

Mr. Karswell said...

I'd take any of these bikes from this catalog, they're all kick ass. More fun on the way, thanks for the comments!