Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas '79

This'll be the last of the 70's xmas pix for awhile, mainly cuz I'd like to get back to the cutesy designy junk instead of doofy pix of me as a lil pajama brat! And we'll jump ahead a few years to 1979, aka The Christmas When I Got a Bunch'a Star Wars stuff, plus-- some TCR Total Control Racing action, Mattel handheld Basketball, and the Mad Magazine board game! This was also the year I got a subscription to Mad Magazine!! (not pictured.) Need I mention the sleeveless puffy coat and cowboy hat? Nah, maybe I shouldn't. My siss got some good stuff too-- dig that Barbie Star Traveler under the tree! I included a bonus pic of me and my two grade school chums having an obvious blast with Santa... I'm not exactly sure what year this was tho, possibly '77 or '78. 

Next up: Cutesy Designy Junk!





9 comments:

Crafty C said...

OMG that Barbie van is amazing! My sister and I had a Barbie van but I think it was more like an RV and it was pink and blue, if I remember right.

The sleeveless puffy coat (aka a vest) and the cowboy hat are cute!

Thanks for posting these. I really dug looking at them. :)

Mr. Karswell said...

There's a Barbie Star Traveler at the Goodwill right up the street from here right now if you want it... fits one to two geese.

Crafty C said...

NO! thank you.

TwoHeadedBoy said...

My sister had that Barbie van only in pink. Think it was left in the shed when we moved house last time.

Mr. Karswell said...

There was a pink variation of the Star Traveller, but there was also a pink RV called the Country Camper, it's a lot different looking than the Star Traveller.

veg-o-matic said...

Would you be jealous if I told you that I still have my Mad Magazine game?

Mr. Karswell said...

If only be jealous if I didn't still have mine too. Actually I have two of them!

Mr. Karswell said...

*I'd (seriously can't type today)

Mr. Cavin said...

Christmas seventy-eight was a Star Wars bonanza! I clearly remember everything from in these pictures. Well, except that i never had one a them Jerry Reed cowboy hats. Don't here we all wore Jerry-as-Snowman mesh CAT caps instead. I can still remember my grandad (Nailbender) and his best friend (Junebug) patiently teaching me how to use the CB.