Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Co-ed Cookbook '67

A bevy of co-ed cuties (illustrated by Edward Garvey) highlight The Co-ed Cookbook by Henrietta Fleck, a fantastically fun 'n frisky late 60's cookbook from Scholastic. I've included every big-eyed girl from every chapter heading inside, but man there are seriously TONS more illustrations included of food and other assorted kitchen kitsch --you'll just have to buy yourself a copy to see it all, and to get all the delicious recipes and delectable ideas too!












6 comments:

JMR777 said...

All that great art and great recipes all for forty five cents, what a bargain it was back then.
I didn't know Scholastic offered cookbooks back then, once again I learned something new from this blog.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Scholastic ruins lives!

Crafty C said...

Wow. These images are seriously amazing. All the patterns in the dresses and the food! Man!!!

I was gonna say that I'm the girl with the thought bubble of food, and then the daydreaming girl, but then I realized that I'd be any of them in a second :)

Mr. Cavin said...

Yeah, the Lunch Break and Delectable Dinners illustrations are pretty much my faves out of a lot of excellent material here (I love the paper doll effect of all the stamped-on textiles and collaged food items). The Cooking for Two dude needs to dial it back a little, though. Hands on the table, mac.

Brian Barnes said...

The first 5 illustrations look like they are of the same woman, running through a variety of emotions in a very maniacal way.

This is NOT the kind of co-ed you want to meet!

Mr. Karswell said...

Hey thanks for all the comments! Sorry I got slammed this week with work, glad you liked this fun little book-- got another fun one coming up!