Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Raunchy Roach Tees

I used to love these early 70's Roach tee shirt ads in magazines when I was a kid, but damn, they always crammed so many examples with the mail order box that they were  forced to display the designs very small, just teeny thumbnails that I used to wish I could somehow blow up BIG. Well, 35+ years later I am finally doing it-- and doing it at 600%!!! Hell, that could be a Roach tee design: "BLOW IT UP BIG!" with a pic of a scantily clad lass and a sweaty, leering scanner! They also sold the usual assortment of timely dope, hippy, and truckin' designs, but these "adult" ones were always my fave. Anyone have a Roach tee they still wear?















6 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Fantastic! I love it when you post giant versions of tiny things. I'm sure I've seen the tee of the turtle and the army helmet in the wild before (and probably "makin' bacon" too, although it's a lot more possible I'm conflating some other like design in that case). As for me, I've historically disliked wearing funny t-shirts, so it's no surprise I never had one of these myself--despite digging the excellent art. I sort of like the first one with the sex-crazed bee the best.

Mr. Karswell said...

I'll take the tight pussy

Crafty C said...

I'm still waiting for my "I'll take the veiny sausage dinner" t-shirt

Mr. Karswell said...

This is a job for-- THE BEAVER PATROL!

Brian Barnes said...

If any straight male actually got non-ironic female attention for wearing one of these t-shirts, the universe would collapse and fold in on itself!

Mr. Karswell said...

I remember my aunt had one that said "FOXY" and it had a cool illustration of a female fox with gigantic furry boobs