Friday, August 8, 2014

The Art of Grilling, Baking, and BBQing

We've been on a major food kick here for the last few posts, and there's no better guide to get your stomach a'howlin' than this one from Duncan Hines featuring some all-time favorite recipes-- or, in our case here at AEET-- the fabulous tiny bits of 50's key art sprinkled throughout. And like with our last booklet, this is just a small sampling of illustrations featured within, there are lots more awaiting you in your own copy at an antique mall or ebay seller near you ;) (no art credit)


















4 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Love the picture with the ghost cow emanating from the steak (number eight, I think), but the back cover is totally excellent. I love that kind of hyper-real appliance art, of course, and I really want that oven, too.

(But that guys spices are all going to clump up if he leaves them over the range like that.)

Mr. Karswell said...

That guy, I believe, is Duncan Hines himself!

Crafty C said...

Thiese images are so surreal! Man!!!

I love all the pies! Esp the hamburger pie shop with the disembodied hand and knife above the pie! Now I really want pie.

I really love the eggs and bacon and toast with silverware pics too. They're all really neat!

Mr. Karswell said...

I like the Keystone cop getting the pie thrown in his.face. I hope someday to actually be part of a pie fight.