Saturday, August 28, 2021

Orgy of Blood

I had a very busy week and totally missed our Friday Frights post yesterday (sorry!), so here's a Shocking Saturday "Orgy of Blood" to unliven your weird weekend, with a truly great Skywald art collaboration between Jack Katz, Ross Andru, and Mike Esposito! As mentioned, we're counting down the release date for my new series of horror comic reprint one-shots with Asylum Press, and VAMPIRES #1 should be in stores on October 13th (CLICK HERE to learn more!) And yes, you'll have to buy a copy to read the stories that will be included, but until then, I'll be spreading a vampire plague of various other bloodsucker themed tales all across AEET every week until then! If you find this plan to be a bit "draining", then I know I'm doing my job correctly! From the December 1970 issue of Nightmare #1.

4 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

Even a Tom Atkins mustache couldn't save him!

I think this story might be a winner for the most times somebody has gotten bit by a vampire in a single horror story :)

"and bite ... don't chew!" is actually a super creepy line!

Some good artwork, page 6 has some good panels and the EC shocker panel at the end is great, and the artist couldn't leave us without the fully defined hot vampire butt at the end (never stop being you, comic artists!)

I'm going to throw out one nit pick -- I think if your panel layout takes arrows, then you should think about re-arranging.

Mr. Cavin said...

Well this must be the most Jess Franco vampire story I've seen in a comic yet. I love all the sexy grinding as they bite that dude to death. Skywald definitely flirting with Eerie Pubs territory. Page four of this thing is a real hoot. Vampire dining for dummies.

TGIS!

Doc Briar said...

This was quite creepy and reminiscent of Mexican horror comics. Good stuff.
Incidentally, Ross Andru worked on some Spider-Man issues. His style made me wonder if he was a Gil Kane protege. Just more of my obsessive observation.
Viva Sinister Saturdays!

Mr. Karswell said...

Plenty of other Ross Andru stories archived over at THOIA too, just head on over and use the sidebar tags or search engine. And as always, thanks for the comments!