Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Let's Bake (PART ONE)

From the sexy chapter header art of our last post, to the almost unbearably cute chapter header art of our current post, drawings of kids with photos of giant, REAL food are seriously some of my favorite design choices ever in vintage cookbooks! Let's Bake (the Robin-Hood flour brand "No Sift" Way) from 1964, is over 60 pages of yummy recipes and "no-sift" methods to creative cooking. But just as importantly-- it's full of super cute key art!! Whether licking the chocolate frosting off the over-sized mixing tool, or strolling happily through a giant cookie thunderstorm-- breads, desserts, and main dishes-- it's all here, and in our next post we'll see much more cuteness as well, so stay tuned, todays post is just an appetizer! :)

















PART TWO HERE!

6 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

And apologies for the waviness of the scans... this booklet is seriously water damaged and no amount of weight on the scanner could fix it, unfortunately.

Craftypants Carol said...

Omg this is so cute! The real pics with the drawn kids is so freaking neat. And I absolutely love the cookie shower!

Mr. Karswell said...

And she has a cookie shower container too-- just like you, Carol!

Craftypants Carol said...

Is it raining in there too??

JMR777 said...

A cookie shower, cookie Monster's dream come true.

Thanks for the cute joyful post, Karswell, we all need a pick me up with the winter drearys upon us.

Mr. Cavin said...

I'm not sure just what that food on the Main Dishes page is, and I'm not sure I'd like it very much if I did know. But I do love that dish! I assume it's some kind of iron serving skillet.

All the art here is so excellent. It's amazing how quickly and simply someone can draw effectively when they know what they're doing. I'll bet this whole project took the art department about twenty minutes to mastermind. It's lovely.