Sunday, March 18, 2012

More Cartoons (Part 2) NAVY + Male Box

Male Box was another great, very funny 60's Crest-Craft creation, a set of 6 military cartoon jokes on stationary, beautifully packaged in a sturdy blue box with wonderful illustrations on all sides. Also as promised, 12 more from the Crest-Craft Cartoon Post Card line, this time ribbing the Navy. If you enjoyed the last post, you'll probably notice some of the gags were just too good not to get recycled a second time here with slightly modified art!




















7 comments:

Pappy said...

Arrrgh, so near and yet so far...

This cartoonist's work is very familiar to me, too, but it could be he was just very busy doing greeting cards and such in the sixties. I looked at a lot of that stuff.

Whoever he was, he was a pro. Very funny drawings.

Runs.with.Ferals said...

Male Box ?! Is that an oxy-moron, or is it me ? (SIGH) Don't ask don't tell, Karswell... just... keep it coming ;~j

Unknown said...

Love these illustration!
Thanks for posting Karswell.

Mr. Cavin said...

Man, I'm super frustrated you guys can't tell me who this artist is like you usually have to do. The answer must be right on the tip of my ear.

(Excellent stuff!)

Mr. Karswell said...

I too recognize his style from the countless other greeting cards I have in my collection... unfortunately we need a signature, or a lead of some kind! If anyone knows anything drop me a line.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Tisa Theresa Irene said...

Love these! I'm working on my husbands Navy Scrapbook they will be fun to have added. THANKS! :o)

Tisa Theresa Irene said...

I love these...I am working on my husbands Navy Scrapbook they will be fun to fill in spaces with. Thanks!