Monday, October 9, 2023

Rock and Roll Star

Norcrest produced a ton of fun ceramics back in the day, and this rockin' axe slinger with the spiky red hair certainly tops the list of MOST fun. I particularly love his twisty pretzel legs and deep harmony facial expression. Unfortunately, after a bit of online research about him I could only come up with one other related image of what I'm assuming is another guitarist from the same 60's figurine line, this time with spiky black hair and a slightly different pose. Anyone know anything about these? Anyone going to dress up like David Bowie for Halloween this year?

2 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

I call foul: Rock n' Roll doesn't need sheet music!

Yeah this is super cute, and it's a really good paint job, I especially like the stripes on the pants. It's surprising what good condition the hair is in!

Mr. Cavin said...

I like how this fig seems to be doing a sorta square dance kind of jig. It definitely has a greeting card (or maybe trading card) flair.