Thursday, October 12, 2023

Loads of Jokes and Riddles

I say this in the introductions to all of my joke posts every October, but with Halloween quickly a'coming, you're gonna need some jokes while out trick 'r treatin'! And just like previous years, I've managed to dig up a couple more teeny-sized, super 70's prize Cracker Jacks collections-- the tiny books that are way big on laughs, and highlighted by some of the greatest cartoon art of all time! And for more Cracker Jacks fun here at AEET, be sure to CLICK HERE!

4 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

I vaguely remember some of these jokes! I must have had some of these same cards as a kid!

Lets give a big shout out to the artist(s) of these; you have to make art that tells a story but is easy to recognize in a very, very limited printing space and a limited color palette.

And it has that great, messy line work, like Paul Revere, and carries a lot of motion, like the "what is a pickle" kid or just feels alive like the car-toon or umbrella ones.

Also lets give the colorist credit -- that "on the outside silly" coloring of the bird and egg is awesome.

Mr. Cavin said...

My favorite art here--besides the covers, natch--is that set-up for the car radio joke in the first booklet. I love that wild green color every time it pops up. And the ol' timey car interior rules.

Super great stuff, even if somebody did have to choke down a box of Cracker Jacks to get it.

JMR777 said...

I never stopped to consider the artwork and coloring that went into these lil' jokebooks before.

I have gained an appreciation for that now, since you have enlarged these mini books to a fairly large size that is easy to see and read.

Robbmacv said...

Help me out, if you can, please.

For years been looking for the Cap'n Crunch family of cereals that, during the 1970s, had cutout trivia cards on the back of the box, with the answers inside the box.

Had them at one point. Just like to see them.