Friday, February 17, 2017

Salt & Pepper Bunny Baskets

I haven't been doing so hot lately with the holiday themed posts, have I? Yeah, I definitely blew it at xmas, New Years Eve I was a total no-show... and then Valentine's Day came and went and I didn't even mention it or post a single cute Valentines card! Hell, even the stores have turned their backs on cupid at this point and slashed candy hearts and stuffed animal prices 90%-- they've even begun unleashing the fuzzy pastel Easter junk already-- AIEEEEE! Well, I'm not one to be beat to the rabbit punch by no gun-jumpin' Walgreens, no sir! See, instead I'm gonna post these pix of my newly acquired Bunny Basket Salt & Pepper Shakers (late 50's, by Holt) which are incredibly adorable ceramic wabbits with shifty eyes and cork stopper bottoms, and lil wicker baskets for to stay snug as a bun in an oven in! And it's sort of somewhat questionably Easter themed, yes? I do so hope this goddamn post starts to make sense, *sigh* Anyway, this is my $3 find of the week...



5 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Man, that sure is some skeptical side-eye we're catching from those adorable rabbits. Excellent find. I woulda picked those up in a heartbeat myself, cause the missus has an affinity for bunnies. And for side-eye, now that I think about it.

JMR777 said...

Your blog always makes lots of sense, we're all a bit eclectic and free spirits and your readers refuse to be slaves to fashion or holidays or tradition. Who says you have to celebrate every holiday under the sun? National pickle day came and went* and I didn't even try to munch on a sweet mini or a half sour deli pickle in honor of the preserved garnish.

Neat bunnies, the shifty red eyes have a hint of malevolence in them, they wouldn't be out of place in The Horrors of Them All.
(Reminds me of a tale from House of Mystery/House of Secrets where some kids meet a guy who is dressed in a realistic looking rabbit suit who covers them in chocolate and, well, you can figure out the rest. Wish I could remember the issue it came from.)


(National pickle day is November 14th, its a real holiday, no foolin', though you could have fooled me.)

Craftypants Carol said...

Awww. Super cute! But they both look kinda sneaky too

Brian Barnes said...

When you finally decide to downside, you eBay store is going to be awesome!

novabeatnik said...

These are so cool! . I immediately went to eBay to see if I could score some. $50 and $69 Wow Lucky!