Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lon Chaney, Jr. Lamb Chops

Yay, two posts today-- go figure! Actually, after I posted the Rexall ads, I remembered this wine soaked Lon Chaney, Jr. lamb chop and pineapple recipe from an old Mogen David booklet I have-- and since today is this famed "bogey-man's" birthday, I thought I'd go ahead and share it as well. I'm not into wine at all, but it definitely sounds tastier than James Mason's Mogan David Pudding, or Xavier Cugat's Mogan David Samba Sauce! Happy 107th Birthday, Lon!


7 comments:

Crafty C said...

that cover's really cool. it seems like you could just use pineapple juice instead of wine - but maybe that's just me cause i can never get enough pineapple anything.

Mr. Karswell said...

Well, we're talking about Lon Chaney Jr here... there's probably more wine than pork in the dish.

Brian Barnes said...

I commented on this on Horrors, and my original comment was going to be about the booze, it's a hard topic to avoid when it comes to Lon Chaney Jr, but I love him too much, I just couldn't do it!

Mr. Cavin said...

Happy birthday, Lon! You're one of my favorite werewolves! When it comes to this recipe, I would much rather drink the wine than eat the pork, frankly. Nice to know that I probably see eye-to-eye with Mr. Chaney about this very something!

Mr. Karswell said...

I love The Lonster too, don't get me wrong-- gadzooks, it does feel like a cheap shot to keep rubbin' in the alcohol angle when it comes to him... he was certainly much more than just a boozer. RIP LCJr

Mr. Cavin said...

Ha! Rubbin' alcohol. Good one.

Mr. Karswell said...

Too much?

I love the look on his face in that photo-- imagine how much more awesome this would be though if he was standing there cooking in his Wolf Man getup!