Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hot Dish Chef Apron Art / BBQ Ash Tray

While we're winter BBQin' I thought I'd share the art details of my fancy chef apron. All of the images below (except for the ad at the end) are collaged together on it, the Hot Dish Chef himself as the centerpiece and the girls all dancing around him. I spent a great deal of time isolating each image and photoshopping out overlap and stains so you could really dig the awesomeness of my fantastic foody fashion. The green "Heat Kit" devil is printed on the pocket at the top above the chef. Apparently, this apron also came with a chef hat, which has sadly gone MIA. And no, I don't actually wear the apron while cooking, (it is half a century old after all), but I do get it out every once in awhile and put it on and dance around on my deck with tongs in one hand and a Diet Mountain Dew in the other. Great art featured on it; the dish dames fit on my scanner fine enough, unfortunately the chef is a bit on the large / eclipse side of things so I had to piece him together-- maybe this summer I'll give you all a picture of me wearing it! Also today at AEET, an old 50's ad for a BBQ ash tray-- while smoking is of course the most UNCOOL thing ever, this ash tray is in fact the COOLEST thing. EVER. Gimme.









3 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

"rare-bit" managed to pull off the super hero art trope, the spine twister where you can see both T&A at once! It's too bad it's marred by the terrible head wound ...

Crafty C said...

that's really cool! but i have to say i am really disappointed that you don't wear it :(

i think i like chili con carne the best - but not by much. they're all really cute!

and that is prob the coolest ash tray i've ever seen in my life!

Mr. Cavin said...

Man I love the two-color printing. Chili con carne is definitely my fave, too--followed closely by the Russian mime rare-bit, broke-back pose and all, and that obscene green devil, of course.