Tuesday, November 16, 2010

White Castle Bridge Score Pads

Treating myself to lunch at White Castle yesterday reminded me of some cool old White Castle Bridge Score Pads I recently found... I guess back in the day, tiny hamburgers and playing cards went hand in hand. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about Bridge, but I do know I love a hot 'n steamy Belly Bomber (oh, excuse me, I mean a "Slider.")























Anyway, these score cards contain the classic White Castle imagery that I've always loved... the restaurants now of course have slightly modified their look in recent years (as most fast food places think they are required to do), and these nostalgic score pads contain an interesting array of yesteryear examples, from the building design, to the menu items, packaging, and logo.




PLUS: An old White Tower matchbook from my collection... for some interesting history about this White Castle competitor, click HERE!

7 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Boy, nothing takes me back to my teen years quite like White Castle. I mean, really, when you and a bunch of buds (who you always liked better when hammered) are cruising around at about 4:00 AM, in that wonderful state of exhausted drunk and so hungry you could eat shoes; nothing satisfies like White Castle. I remember Mark could eat one without chewing. Man, do I miss the Midwest. As always, thanks for the memories.

Mr. Karswell said...

My own 3 decade White Castle tradition Mykal is to eat 3 double cheese with extra pickle after a concert, no matter what... nothing tastes better after a night of live music than a bag of Belly Bombers. And I lived in LA for 10 years (1996 - 2006) where my only chance of a White Castle burger was buying them frozen at the grocery store (totally NOT the same), or taking a trip back to my hometown of STL for a visit... man oh man is it good to be back and to also live just 5 minutes away from a White Castle!

Prof. Grewbeard said...

can't imagine what a fresh one would be like, all i know is from frozen...

Mr. Karswell said...

>can't imagine what a fresh one would be like, all i know is from frozen...

AIEEEE!!! I'm sorry Prof, I can't imagine what that's like :(

Unknown said...

Oh, I love these! If you don't already know about this, you have to check it out. I know how my night is going to be spent!
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)

Crafty C said...

wow. stuff like this geeks me out to no end. i don't know what it is about pictures of food in places where they're not supposed to be (on a bridge score pad booklet!) but man - i freaking love it!