Sunday, February 14, 2021

Lookin' for a Kiss...

One more vintage Hallmark holiday smooch, courtesy of (I think) the romantically macabre Monster Valentines set from 1971. I found this bloodshot, hairy-warted beaut a few months ago after digging around for hours through some really dusty old boxes (of ephemera) at an antique store in the city. Yet another prime example of how persistence and devotion to dusty old boxes can really pay off. And CLICK HERE for some appropriately themed blog post music too!

3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Ha ha, that's excellent! I never saw cards like that back when I was a kid and had to dutifully hand them out to my classmates every year. Boy, I'd have given this kind of card to everybody.

Happy Valentine's Day, Karswell!

Brian Barnes said...

I thought the up-turned nose and red hair was popular!

Craftypants Carol said...

Mmmmmmm .... I can smell the salami breath from here