Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Turn Your Ideas About Ads Upside Down

We've seen a lot of Jack and Jill Magazine highlights over the last few months here, and today I have a handful of wonderful advertisement pages from mid to late 60's issues that do more than just hock a product atcha. Some of these have fun interactive cut-out elements, comic strips, and one even forces you to turn the ad upside down to read it! Some feature products and product mascots that I barely even remember, despite being born in the 60's myself. Anyway, Halloween may be technically over, but we're still in mask making mode here at AEET --I just wish I had a big glass of Goofy Grape to guzzle down while bloggin' away right now!



(Check out a funny Funny Face Goofy Grape commercial HERE!)



(Go V-RROOM! by CLICKING HERE!)



(Enjoy an awesomely animated Good 'n Plenty commercial HERE!)



Dig these other toy premiums you got free in a box of Honeys, HERE!)



(Check out a great Cookie Man commercial by CLICKING HERE!)



Can you believe these green cans? CHECK 'EM OUT HERE!)



(That's my Elmer-- HERE!)

5 comments:

JMR777 said...

Nabisco's Cookie Man! I hadn't thought of him in years, thanks for posting the commercial link. I had never seen that commercial before and it was great in its bad puns and Monty Pythonesque humor, so ridiculous but it works in spite of itself.

Mr. Cavin said...

Yeah, I zoomed right in on that Cookie Man page, too. Amazing stuff! I don't remember that ad campaign at all (thanks for posting the commercial), but the art and character designs are really awesome.

Armpit Studios said...

Yeah, Cookie Man was great, although something about him gave me a bit of a creepy feeling. It was probably his missing pupils. Or his greasy kid-stuff hair. The Nabisco logo on his chest is also a geometric wonder.

https://youtu.be/RhCwRu1sREs

My older brother would keep me out of the attic by powering on his V-rrroom motor. He never attached it to his bike, because it was of more use keeping me away with its scary monster noise.

Me, I wish I had a glass of Chinese Cherry!

Mike said...

My favorite of the Jack and Jill ads were the ones for Wrigley's Spearmint gum. The were heavier paper, usually stapled in to the magazine just before the back cover, and would pop up to show some scene.

Examples can be found with a quick Google search...

Mr. Karswell said...

Even up against Goofy Grape and Choo Choo Charlie, Cookie Man seems to be the clear cut winner of this post! Thanks for the comments!