Saturday, March 17, 2018

Skreel the Galaxy Bat

I've slowly, and obsessively, been building up my sofubi ("soft 'n light Japanese vinyl toy") collection over the years, and a recent fun, and somewhat frightening addition is Skreel the Galaxy Bat. Apparently made in Japan about 3 or 4 years ago by Galaxy People, I totally love anything batty, so after stumbling upon this fine furry, fanged freak on eBay, I instantly knew I had to have him! He comes in a variety of colorfully wild paint jobs, but the simple, true villain black, chrome, and red was the obvious choice for me. I love his awesome slick wings too-- and is there a more perfect example of illustrated designer toy header card art anywhere else in the galaxy?









Get more Galaxy People toy info by clicking HERE!

3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Yeah, he's amazing (and has a great header card painting). I'm pretty enthusiastic about everything at this blog you've linked too, frankly. The Klops People (I know at least one of them is named Meklops) have the coolest eyes. And the Battle Damaged cats are all totally great, too.

Sweet discovery!

JMR777 said...

You have found the mascot for THOIA, Karswell!

He looks like one of those crazy vampire villains drawn by 1950's artists.

Great find, well done!

Mr. Karswell said...

Indeed! Maybe Skreel and Drexyl, (the battle damaged teleporting cat assassin) can someday take over THOIA after I retire / expire! haha