Monday, January 12, 2015

NECA'S "Fiend" / Crimson Ghost Action Figures

Fans of the old serial from 1946 (and also fans of The Misfits) might be interested in this new posable 8" action figure / doll from Neca of the iconic skull-faced villain The Crimson Ghost. Comes in two versions, the black and white "Fiend" style like I bought (see my pix below), and also a "Crimson" caped version-- click HERE to see it! It's a cool figure, but I have to say everything about the production feels a bit bare bones for the price, and combined with the sloppy paint job on the teeth, plus the ho hum backing board (front and back) design, I almost passed on it. It comes with an extra hand to hold the candelabra, --but unfortunately no death ray! Still a must have for a fan like me, he's super fun to pose and menace your other toys with!

(Photos by Mr. Karswell)




6 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

Apologies for posting the same thing here and at THOIA-- busy week, fiends! More on the way soon, I promise...

J_D_La_Rue_67 said...

You the new Pixel Dan...
I'm not familiar with the shows you mention, but the figure is kinda cool.
I'm more into vintage 70's-80's figures, often go to flea market just for the thrill of it (found a Blackstar's Warlock for 4 euros and a baseball Smurfette for 50 cents last year).

Mr. Karswell said...

Check YouTube for Crimson Ghost Serial episodes, there's also a version with all the eps edited together into one film. If you're unfamiliar with the band The Misfits check YouTube as well

J_D_La_Rue_67 said...

Oh the Danzig (ex) band.
Stupid me didn't make the connection with the figure. Thought you were talking about a tv show.

Mr. Karswell said...

Welp, so much for legendary, iconic band mascots! ;)

J_D_La_Rue_67 said...

You mean... Eddie from Iron Maiden?
Oh no no! ;) Sorry, my brother was the family's punk - metallaro.
I was more into new wave, but loved Judas Priest.