Sunday, November 6, 2022

Felix the Mummy, --PLUS Barf Bags!

I had a weird string of finds last week, I mean, not only did I unearth a big stack of Mark of the Devil theatrical vomit bags from 1970, but also a 60's Universal Monster Mummy Soaky body with a red Felix the Cat head! What a monster mash-up! And I admit that yes, he looks pretty cool as is, but luckily, my new buddy Eric at Weirdo Wonderland came to the rescue and hooked me up with the correct mummy head after I posted about it in a vintage monster group on FB. Ahhh, the beauty of social media strikes again! If you've never seen the original Soaky commercial for these great toys, CLICK HERE! Also, if you've never barfed along to Mark of the Devil then HERE'S your chance to do that as well!

3 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

I love the detail on the mummy, from the dripping paint (that's an excellent paint job) to all the different wraps and the cobra. That's a really nice piece!

Mr. Cavin said...

Now you're just going to have to turn up a Felix body, though. This can of worms keeps opening up!

It's actually amazing how good the cat head looks on the mummy body. The reds are a perfect match! If Felix had a nose that matched the cobra it'd be perfect! It already looks like a modern vinyl toy collectible.

Course, the actually collectible mummy head looks pretty brilliant, too.

Mr. Karswell said...

Nobody mentioned the Mark of the Devil barf bags, so I'll just add that a certain actor from that film is the lead-in connection to our next post-- thanks for the comments --and STAY TOMBED!