Sunday, December 5, 2021

Tex Kringle

I'm a'guessin' it's time to get started on some xmas posts, and hows'about a lil look at the most rootin', tootin', candy cane shootin', Christmas cowboy of 'em all-- Tex Kringle! Hear them spurs a'jinglin? That's right, it's 'ol Tex himself a'comin' round the mountain! He looks like Santy Claus, but he actually rides his reindeer, all the while pullin' his gifts 'n treats around on a fancy 'ol open wagon. So if'n yer the type of person that considers a smartly designed tin container a'contain' miniature fruitcakes as a "treat", then I'm supposin' this is the "gift" for you! Now, while I've yet to taste a fruitcake that I truly loved, I actually don't despise 'em like most folks claim'ta. I do know that I love this dandy tin lid design though, heck, even the Mrs. Carver brand illustration is a right mighty thing of beauty, don't ya know! Oooo wee, I'm a'runnin' out of cowboy lingo here mighty quick, so just look at them perty pictures below already, and imagine you're not as nutty as a fruitcake, like I am apparently...

4 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

Omg that's so awesome! I seriously love the designs on the presents - and the boots too!

I love fruitcake - but I generally shy away from what's considered normal with most things and go my own way.

If I was still collecting tins I'd want this one in my little hands pronto!

Mr. Cavin said...

Nothing says dapper like when your boots match your holsters. That's sharp.

I never really loved fruitcake. I mean, as a kid I wasn't into the adult flavor of brandy-soaked bread. And as an adult I don't like the candied fruit. So a nice fresh-baked loaf, with regular fruit, is fine by me. Especially if it's got a crusty edge.

Brian Barnes said...

I think the artist wanted to draw an old time-y prospector, but then said, no, I want a cowboy, and eventually just decided to smash them together on a reindeer!

The line work on the boots and holsters is top-notch!

Mr. Karswell said...

>I generally shy away from what's considered normal with most things and go my own way.

Uhhh yeah, who do you think you're talking to here? haha

>Nothing says dapper like when your boots match your holsters.

Holiday fashion kooks unite!

>I think the artist wanted to draw an old time-y prospector

He's certainly a sharp dressed mix of prospector, cowboy, Santa Claus, --and ZZ Top!