Monday, December 6, 2021

Jsolan Telekular

I'm off to the opera! Or am I off to the races? Actually, I'm just off to help my son with his homework, but I'm doing it in style with these nifty Jsolan Telekular binocular glasses made in West Germany in 1956. They're surprisingly heavy duty, and in really great shape after all these years as well. The box has unfortunately seen better days, but the lovely illustrations, along with the black and yellow-gold design on all sides still makes for a stunning package. They work pretty swell too, and are definitely magnifying stuff! I'll never understand how these found their way into a hillbilly flea market in mid MO, (and for only $5 too), but who's complaining! Okay, I had a whole "They Live" scenario thing worked out for this post too, but the kiddo is calling me... maybe these glasses will make me look like I know what I'm talking about when it comes to new math and mechanical drawing.

6 comments:

JMR777 said...

The perfect eyewear for the mad scientist in all of us!

Yard sales, garage sales, sometimes thrift stores have treasures waiting to be found, not just super valuable items but super cool stuff too.

Craftypants Carol said...

Omg you have to wear those every day all the time for ever and ever

top_cat_james said...

Those look like the magnifying glasses belonging to Professor Hyde-White in the very first Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? episode ("What a Night for a Knight"). You're not part of a painting forgery ring, are you?

Mr. Cavin said...

Wow, those are super cool. Perfect thing for parking on a hill out by the all-night drive-in. I assume they have real German lenses, too. I don't know about teleculars, but that's a sign of real quality in field cameras.

Doc Briar said...

Can`t get past the first shot of the box. I really dig the white/black black/white graphics of the contrasting audience heads. Will the universe explode if they touch?

Brian Barnes said...

All the illustrations on the box act like these glasses are only used for high-flautin' pursuits, like the Opera or watching the pony's run. Not what 90% of binoculars are used for, and only comic book ads were honest about it!

These actually look a lot like the kind of things jewelers would wear, and are in awesome shape!