Monday, August 19, 2019

Arrow Book of Tricks and Projects

Almost exactly one year ago (give or take a few days) I posted some fun pages from Scholastic's Arrow Book of Tricks and Projects, first published in 1960-- specifically the "Make a Puppet" chapter-- CLICK HERE to check it out! Today I have a small sampling of even more great key art from some of the other cute sections in the book, and apologies to incredible illustrator, William Meyerriecks, as I just noticed I forgot to even mention his name in the puppet post as well.

















4 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Those pirates are all great. What a dashing figure Long John Silver makes! I like that Sherlock, too. I'm kind of interested in his cryptic letter substitution puzzle. And there's a good chance I could even solve it, too. I mean, the math puzzle was so easy I managed it without even reading the instructions!

JMR777 said...

The skeleton with the cutlass and tri-corn hat reminded me of The Pirates of the Caribbean models they used to sell.

Great find as always, thanks Karswell!

Mr. Karswell said...

Did anyone do the dot to dot?

Mr. Cavin said...

"Did anyone do the dot to dot?

Yeah. It's a neat way to do one, sort of deco. Also might be the first connect-the-dots I've bothered to do simply because the more I looked at it the less sense it seemed to make. Usually they are so obvious. It kind of lost me at the end there, though. I mean, it looks like a haunted mortarboard?