Sunday, March 3, 2019

Hardy Boys Mysteries Lunchbox (1977)

After a brief mention of this in a previous post, CPC requested immediate pix of said item, and here they are from every angle: my new Hardy Boys Mysteries lunchbox from 1977! I loved the HB books as a kid, and I loved the TV show as well (Nancy Drew too), and this metal King-Seeley classic is a nice addition to my collection of stuff, especially when you notice all the great spooky haunted house detail on both sides --and I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone how much Mr. Karswell loves haunted houses! Great condition for the price I paid too, I just need to find a thermos now... does anybody have an extra one that I can put some sugar sweetened Funny Face Watermelon in? Message me! (POST UPDATED on March 19th, 2018-- scroll to the bottom!)













***UPDATE!! Thermos obtained, lunchbox now COMPLETE!***

5 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

Omg I'm seriously dying over here! I cannot freaking believe I didn't have one of those as a kid. It's a mother flipping work of art. You are one lucky dude!!

JMR777 said...

A great blast from the past! Thanks for reminding me of the TV show. Sometimes TV could turn out some great scare shows for fright fans back then. Circle of Fear, Night Gallery, The Evil Touch (a bit of an obscurity since it was filmed in Australia and ran for one year.) Glad to be reminded of the 70's spook tales, they were a big part of my childhood.

Mr. Cavin said...

Holy cow, that thing really is in perfect shape. It looks like it was made yesterday. How in the heck has it survived forty-two years looking so good? I was always a pretty careful kid, and my own lunch boxes rusted away in just five or six weeks. Every piece of gravel I sat them down on dented them so bad the lids would no longer shut. Every crustless half-sandwich attracted a pound of ants. This thing must have been the property of some kinda bubble boy.

I love the graveyard side in the first pic. That painting looks just like a gothic romance cover. The other sides are more lunchboxy--small masterpieces of seventies pop culture--but that one is like the mass market sequel to Wuthering Heights or something. I am so glad you bought this.

But seriously, I would buy any show's lunch box if it was this old and in this state of preservation. I'd get the Eight is Enough lunch box if it looked this good.

Tom said...

Great find. I loved The Hardy Boys TV series (actually read the book series way after watching the show). The best episodes were always the horror-based ones. Great opening too. I always loved how they recreated the book covers with the TV characters.

Mr. Karswell said...

The only way to top this lunchbox would be with a Night Gallery lunchbox!