Friday, October 26, 2018

The Vampire Girl of Collegeville

This costume was a long time coming for my collection, and yes, after years of trying to win a vintage 60's Collegeville Vampire Girl on eBay-- I finally did it-- hurrah! Lovely fun box design, with spooky "Reflecta-Lite Mask" adorned with reflective spots 'n drippy blood paint job, plus the odd, fuzzy/flocked variation of the frock (vs. the more common non-flocked color version, both of which seem to be loosely based on an old Vampira Show ad); and one other interesting touch being the glittery blue highlights that you only notice when light hits the frock just right!

What're you going to be for Halloween this year?






I also found this cheap little mask recently... does anyone know anything about it, name / date / made by? The non-painted sections are clear, and it's the most ventilated mask I've ever seen, haha.

6 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Kind of kitschy cool. I like it!

JMR777 said...

What a great score, that Vampire Girl costume is fangtastic!

Sorry I can't add anything concerning the clear mask, its a standout too.

anthrax2525 said...

I'm willing to risk banishment for this one.
There's vintage sore costumery here, but it's not... well, it's not that great. You decide.

https://flashbak.com/bad-halloween-costumes-of-the-1970s-and-80s-23092/

Now I hope I don't run afoul of the Karswell Manor hounds.

Mr. Karswell said...

No banishment neccesary, everyone has their own opinions and tastes... but me, I personally love these kooky old cheap ass costumes, probably even more than the more realistic “on model” costumes. They’re definitely more fun in my book

Mr. Cavin said...

In Anthrax's Flashback link, I absolutely love that Collegeville clown and the Ben Cooper Witch down at the end there. Be thrilled to take either off their hands, cheap!

Meanwhile, I think this Collegeville Flame Retarded Vampire costume is the most. I don't know why, but the glow dots make it even better. Spacier. I really want to see a photo in the half-light. I imagine she'll look like Vampire Tron, or perhaps riddled with ghostly Predator bullets! When she's glowing she probably matches the glitter on her costume rather nicely.

Great purchase.

Mr. Karswell said...

I’ll take some more pix and see if I can get those dots to light up m!