Saturday, February 17, 2018

KFC VD

Kentucky Fried Chicken had hilarious Scratch 'n Sniff Valentines this year at participating locations, (free with the purchase of a meal deal), and yes they actually do smell like fried chicken-- you don't even have to scratch them to get that delectable scent a'rising! I sometimes wonder how the real Colonel (RIP) would feel about all this current funny business with his image? Anyway, here are all 4 Valentines, front and back (the backs are all the same) --and yes, it's another holiday post that's better late than never!



7 comments:

JMR777 said...

A tasty treat from the heart for Valentines Day, even though too much fried food is bad for the ol' ticker. Once in a while won't do too much harm, given a choice between KFC and cigarettes I will choose the finger lickin' good way to go.

Thanks for the hunger inducing cards, Karswell.

Mr. Karswell said...

Happy VD, JMR!

Mr. Cavin said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day, Karswell. This one is particularly Valentiney to me because I'm married to a Kentucky Colonel. I don't think she would mind having her own picture on food-related scratch-n-sniff holiday cards, so probably old Harland didn't mind much either (though I shouldn't second guess what those Louisvillains might think about anything).

Mr. Karswell said...

Buckets of chickeny scented stuff for everyone! <3

Tom said...

KFC VD definitely sounds like something you don't want to get.

Given some of the Christmas record album covers the Colonel did, I don't think he'd object to Valentines.

Mr. Karswell said...

I guess more specifically I meant the modernization of him and his overall image now... I understand he had a great sense of humor (I actually met him once when I was in grade school), but what about those commercials where he "got funky"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKcbT15vd4U

Tom said...

Yeah, no, I hated those "funky" commercials. I don't think he would have approved.