Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Rock Flowers '72

Mattel cranked-out some super groovy toys for boys and girls in the 70's, and here we see them teaming up with Whitman to release Rock Flowers paper dolls based on the ultra fab fashion figures of the same name (click HERE to read more info about 'em; then see my all time favorite doll commercial HERE; and listen to a couple of the rockin' bubblegum 45's they came packaged with, just click HERE and HERE to kick-out some jams!) The paper dolls came with 3 of the Rock Flowers: Heather, Rosemary, and Lilac, plus an assortment of wild concert "costumes" --the back cover even doubles as a stage for them to perform upon! Print these scans on thick stock paper and just cut 'em out with scissors-- now you can have some Rockin' Flower power fun of your own!



















6 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

Awesome!!!

Mr. Cavin said...

Rosemary's definitely gonna look "aw yeah, aw right" in that disco leopard-spotted leisure suit.

Mr. Karswell said...

Not to knock disco, but these girls of '72 are bubble gum glam rockers! I believe disco was still a few years away 😊

Mr. Cavin said...

Fashion forward and out there like Pluto, man. Don't come down on a chick just because she's ahead of her time. But point taken. I like "disco", as an adjective, better than "glam", but in all other ways--and I'm also not meaning to knock disco!--I like glam better.

Unknown said...

I would have loved to have these in my paper doll collection.
I'm old enough that I actually did play with paper dolls, for hours on end sometimes!

Mr. Karswell said...

Everything on this blog is for sale, anyone interested in anything in the archive just email me and name your price :) thanks for the comments!