Friday, June 10, 2016

I Screamed All Night!

Over the burning, yearning years, you've marveled at some of the more SECRET posts here at AEET (click HERE if you've missed them!) And now, as we enter into a-- oh, WTF ever-- it's time once again to lower our standards for another moaning, groaning, smashing, crashing, super trash-o-drama-rama! This particular issue of Dell's debauchery filled Modern Romances from April 1968 came out just one month before I was born (ain't that nice?), and represents a startlingly reprehensible ensemble of Grade Z quivers and shivers. I always enjoy how the covers of these typically feature a smiling, wholesomely squeaky clean looking beauty... but once you crack this thing open, NOBODY in these stories on the pages inside is smiling about anything, (unless they're getting off, or getting away with murder!) Yes, only a rag like this could paint pictures of babies being more brutal than bikers!

So dust off your granny nightgowns and come along for the ride-- you will of course be sorry that you did!























5 comments:

Brian Barnes said...

"... though I knew she was wearing that damned granny nightgown on purpose to turn me off!"

By the end of the story:

"... and now I have a full-fledged granny fetish! Our marriage is saved!"

Mr. Cavin said...

Ha ha! Damned granny nightgown! These are all such a downer. I miss the awesome and lurid two-color splash pages.

Craftypants Carol said...

oh my god i love this stuff so much. i actually want to read these damned stories!! and btw this stuff isn't too different than a lot of the romance and erotica stories that are being indie published now.

that motorcycle gang image is awesome!

Mr. Karswell said...

Well don't pack up your granny gowns too soon, more of this glorious junk is coming up next!

Pappy said...

I was about 10 or 11 years old and saw one of these confession mags with a big headline: "'All we did was kiss!' she claimed. How could I tell my 12-year-old daughter a baby was brewing in her young body?'" I thought, "Oh good lord, so babies are made by kissing?" If I'd known about condoms when I was that age I would probably have thought they were made to wear on one's tongue.