Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Fireside Cook Book '49 (PART TWO)

I've been promising more highlights from this great cook book all month, and here ya finally go! You can get all the artist and publication info in our first post HERE, but for now just kick back and enjoy these incredibly fun, and insanely lovely illustrations. And be sure to find yourself a copy of this book for literally hundreds more illos too! I hope everyone enjoyed this month of posts, I plan to get back on a more regular blogging schedule next month as we finally head into Halloween season :)




















3 comments:

Craftypants Carol said...

aarrrrrgggghhhh! i wrote a long comment and it disappeared!

i basically said that i really love all the illustrations but esp the carribean banana one, the ones with the winter scenes out the windows and the Bennett's Soup ad one. plus Joe's Hamburger Heaven!

and i'm really glad that the mice know how to butcher beef, veal, pork and lamb :)

thanks for posting these. they're really neat!

Mr. Cavin said...

Man, these get better and better! I love the frozen meats / fresh veggies page (especially the mammoth in the block of ice), and I like the Caribbean and Italian full-pagers too. I think I said all the same stuff Carol did.

Wow, but that cauliflower gardening illustration is scorching hot!

JMR777 said...

Maybe its me, but the first picture of the butcher tipping his hat made me wonder what kind of special meat he has in the back a la Motel Hell, I guess i have been reading too many horror comics lately.

Also, in the picture with the people in line waiting for barbecue, I myself would let the bear go ahead of me, it is only the polite thing to do, and I wouldn't want to accidentally get the cut of meat that would turn out to be the bear's favorite.