Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Wolf O' Lantern / Broomhilda and the Bat

Well, we've already devoured all the Halloween candy, but we still have a few AEET leftover treats to share with you throughout the month of November, we certainly hope you still have a stomach for 'em! The October 1968 issue of Humpty Dumpty's Magazine (for little children) is full of spooky holiday flavor highlights: stories, games, poems, art, the usual and unusual... and it's neat to think that this issue came out the same year I was born-- so this post is dedicated to lil 'ol ME and my first Halloween! Hey it's my blog, I can do what I want...
















3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Man, I totally love love love these two-color process illustrations. The first one with the animals in masks is probably my favorite since it's so freaking unique. Monkey and rabbit would make great matching tattoos. Close second has to be the monster and cat on the sheet music. Everything else is a close third. Very close.

Thanks Karswell.

Mr. Cavin said...

...actually, I had to go ahead and look up Ilse-Margret Vogel. Man what a fascinating woman. Also, everything she ever drew is excellent.

Mr. Karswell said...

Agreed! Her Don't Be Scared Book is a classic!

Thanks for the comments Mr C!